Our Physical Therapists
Trust Your Recovery and Rehabilitation to the Hands of Experience
Paula K. Dillon Mays founded one of Washington’s first woman-owned physical therapy practices more than 28 years ago. Since then, Paula has combined her own experience and capabilities with those of her team of therapists to provide the highest standard of physical therapy. Today at Paula Dillon Mays Therapy Clinics, we are proud to be known as much for our longevity and experience as for our know-how, skill, and results.
Owner / Director of Physical Therapy
"While my areas of special focus are manual therapy and orthopedics, I enjoy treating a wide variety of conditions... and people. I enjoy working with my hands, but I most enjoy helping others. It’s as rewarding as it is interesting."
- Bachelor of Science: Human Biology, Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA
- Master of Physical Therapy: Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA
"In high school, I sustained full thickness tears of my MCL, PCL, ACL, and meniscus in a skiing accident and also was hit by a driver who ran a red light. I underwent reconstructive surgery for my knee and participated in substantial amounts of physical therapy after each accident. I was greatly helped by my physical therapist and I chose to commit my career to helping people the way I was helped.
I attended Eastern Washington University for my undergraduate studies in the honors program and earned a bachelor's degree in exercise science with a minor in psychology, graduating magna cum laude and with the highest designation of Honors Val Ad Maxima. I then also attended EWU for my DPT program graduating in 2017. I worked as an aide at the PDM clinics and organized the hippotherapy program for 2 years during my undergraduate studies.
I have 4 children and a beautiful wife with whom I enjoy living an active outdoor lifestyle. When not treating patients I can often be found in the outdoors hiking, camping, skiing, hunting, fishing, playing disc golf or volunteering, leading students at our local church.
I believe patient education is of the utmost importance and feel as though the most important part of my job is helping you to understand what is going on with your body and what steps you can personally take to correct it. I enjoy working with patients of all kinds, but I especially enjoy helping people to feel and perform better through various manual therapies. Therapies I utilize include myofascial release, various massage techniques, instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization, and kinesiotaping. I am a STMT (soft tissue manual therapy) certified therapist with specific post graduate training in these areas.
I look forward to the opportunity to work with you, and to be part of your process to returning to the things you want and need to do!"
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Eastern Washington University - 2017
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science Pre-PT from Eastern Washington University - 2013
"After nearly 40 years as a physical therapist, my interests and capabilities are broad. I have special training and long experience in caring for the elderly. Yet, I’m equally capable and interested in rehabilitation for all types of patients, injuries, and conditions, especially for evaluation and treatment of the lower extremities, shoulders, and the post-surgical patient. When I am not working, I enjoy gardening, seed saving, hiking, backpacking, biking, reading, drawing, painting, natural history, science fiction and philately."
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from State University of New York
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Adjunct Faculty: Physical Therapy Program, Eastern Washington University, Spokane, WA, 1986-2000
- Clinical Instructor: Physical Therapy Program, University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 1983-1989, 2007
- Clinical Instructor: Physical Therapy Program, Eastern Washington University, Spokane, WA, 1983-1989
- Clinical Instructor: Physical Therapy Program, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA, 1983-1989
- Clinical Instructor: Physical Therapy Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1983-1989
- Clinical Instructor: Physical Therapy Program, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, 1983-1989
- Clinical Instructor: Physical Therapy Program, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 1980-1983
- Director of Physical Therapy at Memorial General Hospital, Las Cruces, NM, 1981-1983
- Senior Physical Therapist at Deaconess Medical Center, Spokane, WA, 1983-1989
- Physical Therapy Director at Lincoln County Hospital, Davenport, WA, 1989-1990